Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Saturday 29 August 2009

I really love having my own place. Maybe a little too much.

So, to continue on with Jeju (still). After the beach we were hungry and we decided to check out this 'seafood shangra la' buffet. It was on a big yacht tupe building at the water (maybe it was a yacht, idk). The cost was 38 000w. I thought that was too much, but we didn't have any other ideas really. I said if we could hang out there for a while and eat and drink then it would be worth it. We went inside and asked the woman and I asked (in one way or another) if there was a time limit. She basically said yes and i was like fuck that. I just didn't want to pay almost $40 to eat for an hour and then be right back where we started, looking for something to do. As we were walking through the parking lot, though, I could tell Jessica really wanted to go. I mean, I have no problem with it if that's what she really wanted. I know what it's like not being able to do what you want to do and it's a lot worse than having to do what you don't want to do. Usually. Anyway, I was excited about the food and the free beer, so I was getting what I wanted, too. And the food was awesome. Esp the crablegs. We sat outside, which I enjoyed. A family with a toddler were next to us. The sun went down. We were trying to strategize when to drink beer and when to have coffee and ice cream. Plus, we didn't want to make it obvious that we were drinking a lot of beer (which was the plan, but we didn't because we were too full). The I heard a gasp from the table over and I looked and the little girl's chair had fallen backwards, but had been caught at an angle by another chair. The father jumped up from across the table and in my head I thought the little girl was going to fall back and break her neck. Obviously it wasn't as dire as I was imagining, but since I plan to save a life I'm always on guard. This was not my moment of glory, however. I jumped up and pushed my chair back, accept my chair didn't go back. It stuck to the uneven floor panelling and tripped me. I landed on my knees (like I was praying or something) by the girl's chair, only being able to make sure it didn't fall for the half second before the father was there. He asked if I was ok, but he seemed really annoyed. Then this older Korean at a few tables away broke out with booming laughter. I was already laughing, the fall making me realize just how much I had overreacted. Actually, if it weren't for the fall it wouldn't have been so dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment