Sunday, September 13, 2009

Monday 24 August 2009

Well, I'm glad this week has started, and I'm also glad that my vacation's over, actually. It's so much cooler to work and then have a break rather than prolong any action. I think I'm saying this wrong. I mean that I was off for a month while I was staying with Jessica, waiting for my job to start, and that wasn't so bad. I knew I already had a job, so my laziness didn't bother me like it would have if I were unemployed. I could actually be lazy and not high strung. Then I started working but just barely. Finals were going on and there wasn't much work for me. I sound like the dumbest person in the world complaining about vacation and free time, but it's all about the timing and when you first start a job it's not the time. Anyway, I wanted to make a note to whoever came after me, if she's faced with the same situation and she's not the easy going type, that before summer vacation she can just focus on being fun, introducing herself, playing fun games, etc. I tried to incorporate the textbook into my games, but it wasn't as important as I thought. At that point your co-teachers are just working on finals and everything and don't focus so much on the other lessons. Go with the flow.

It's still annoying now because just when I think we're starting to communicate and I'm getting a grasp on things, I'm told to plan a lesson within less than two days, the equivalent of hours. Miyoung sent me an email saying 'What do you think about this idea for the lesson?' I thought, awesome; we're gonna start working together. I sent her an email back with ideas, etc, and then never heard about it again. So I stayed until 530 Friday trying to throw something together, not really knowing what the plan was.

No comments:

Post a Comment