Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday 28 May 2009

Third pool hall's the charm. Except it kinda wasn't. Same 10000w/hr rate. This one had two little dirty, but cute, kids running around. Plus a kitten.

What I do with my days now that I have the Internet: Skype Nick and Rachel for a long time, of course (might as well get it all in now because when I start working the time difference is going to make it rare - either before I go to work or only if they get on early - like 7am for them, 8pm for me. And on the weekends); O work on this blog to try and catch everything up so I don't have to take so long with it; I look up a million things... and diddle. My jobs have thoroughly taught me how to waste time.

Today I met J at her school at 3pm for her after school class. Forty mins. We played hand clapping games, spelling bee, hangman, and word scramble. A fun little something to do. After, I was about to leave and Sun Jung said she could leave early with me. We walked home, changed, and then ate at this chicken place that I've had my eye on since day one. Well, that fucking chicken ended up costing us 18500w. So no more of that place. I'd rather eat dog as long as it's 3000w and I'm always stuffed. Then we went back to her place and got some wine (I guess) at the jiffy right beside her apartment. After finishing that (it was about the size of a beer) we walked to the first Korean jiffy store to get soju (we didn't want to go back to buy alcohol at the place right beside her apartment, esp. since her landlady hangs out and small chats with the store owner). So we bought our fave, aloe juice and soju (aka. aloe sojuice) and walked down a different main road that we haven't been to yet on the other side of the subway. It was brighter there and the street had half as many lanes (or maybe 4 compared to 6). Then I spotted a pool sign with a yellow ball, which I've taken to mean that they have pocket tables. We tried to figure out how to say 'How much?' but our pronunciation is horrible, and the guy told us so. We first tried to say it, then I just pointed to it in my book and he said 'How much.' Turns out he speaks English. He tells us Tuesday nights at 10pm is some kind of foreigner night, so we're going to give that a try. Otherwise, we're going to go to the nice place that costs just as much and is near J's apt. We always play for only an hour. We're up to 4 games/hr and we figure if we could work our way up to 10 then it'll be like playing quarter tables. My pool playing has gotten worse, however, and I don't know why. I can't even shoot straight.

2 comments:

  1. Something about not being able to spend time with one's friends even if one wanted to really makes one feel like a bag-o-douche for not spending time with one's friends when one actually had the chance...ps....third person is the new orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mikey, we're all going to grow old together. this is just a pinch of time. get online, though. the internet is the new 21

    ReplyDelete