The people on the Tokyo to Incheon flight were really nice and helpful and I thought 'If this is how S Koreans are then I really like them.' The girl on the aisle seat got up right away to accomodate me and help me move (her I guess) luggage around in the over head compartment to fit my luggage. And later on when my pillow dropped through the crack beside my chair and the wall, the person behind me quietly passed it back through the crack to me. People say that people will bump into you here and not say excuse me and sometimes they say it and sometimes they don't but it doesn't really bother me that much here (yet at least) mostly because different cultures have different ideas of what's polite. Funny thing.
We had to fill out a customs form and the section 'What are you bringing to Korea' had a pornography box to check. I looked at J. and she mouthed/quietly whispered 'How are they going to know?'
ps. The fucking airlines ripped one of the pocket seams in my new Nine West luggage that Jessica (my sister) had bought me. They ripped the zipper puller off too. Can't wait to see how this goes.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment