Okay, I just went looking for some wires to connect my laptop to my tv and some speakers and stuff but I had no luck. First, I walked to Hi Mart (a general electronics store) on the other side of the subway, and I found some speakers I liked but no wires, so I didn't get anything. Then I took the subway to Bucheon where there's an Emart (Emart and Home Plus are Target equivalents) because I was on a mission, but they didn't have the wires either. The train back was so crowded I considered not getting on. When it pulled up people were smooshed to the door. The people getting off immediately took big breaths as soon as they stepped out.
Today started out shitty, but it got better. I forgot to take a tampon to work. In addition, I forgot to put one in before I left. So I had to use tp all day and constantly go to the bathroom, but I didn't bleed through, so I'm relieved instead of... something bad. I was stressing about the first official day of classes since I was so unprepared. One of my co-teachers, the one in the same teacher's room as me, Taeyoung, seems to be a lot more helpful than the other, Miyoung. And today I had 4 classes with Miyoung and 1 with Taeyoung. I know that Mi wanted something different from me, I don't know if she expected more, but she didn't give me anything to go off of. It makes me look disorganized, especially since I've had so much time to prepare. For example, I was upset because Tae didn't give me any direction until Friday, but I prepared everything based on Lesson 7. But Mi didn't make any reference to me about Lesson 7 until after classes and she kind of gave me some direction (after half the day) as to what she wanted from me. The thing is, if I weren't starting in the middle of the year it would be totally different. Maybe that's why it's so chaotic; they're wanting me to take charge, but they aren't realizing that I've never met these kids, I don't know the level they're at, and I don't know the curriculum.
Anyway, I'm working on it, so it's not such a big deal. I was so mad at first. The one class I had with Tae was awesome. She interpreted everything I said and I knew what she wanted from me (for the most part) and her class was well behaved. So I guess all the beatings she dishes out work for her. We'll see with the other classes. Maybe then I will find out what she's hitting them for.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know what sucks, I really just want to skip everything and right about the concert in my blog right now, and maybe go back to the old stuff later. You know what else sucks? I'm following you Erin, but you don't follow me. Why?
ReplyDeleteI feel a song coming on: Anywhere you go, I'll follow you down. Any place but those I know by heart...Anywhere you go, I'll follow your blog, but you won't ever follow mine. *tear*
Actually I was just thinking about that the other day. I wasn't sure how much you had written, so I was waiting for a little while and now I see that you have written a lot.
ReplyDeleteI feel a song cumming on my face: I feel that you should know, I have an empty soul. It's a warning: If you lead, I will follow.
Whenever you get those wires connected we can have movie night! Get on it bitch!
ReplyDeleteit's not getting the wires, it's finding and buying the one's I need. fuck the guy that lived here before me
ReplyDelete