Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 13

Oh okay. Then Sunday night I went out downstairs to smoke a cigarette and Jessica was still up in my apartment. I was on the bench reading and I saw this drunk guy start to approach me. I just kept reading my book and pretending not to see him so hopefully he would just go away. But then he started to come closer so I looked up at him and he was like, Oh, and started to reach for my face with both hands. So I stood up and out of his reach and was getting ready in case something else happened but he was kind of like 'Oh' like he just realized he had done something stupid and then walked off. I sat back down and pretended to read and then I heard a bang and looked behind me and he had run into an aluminum building.

Monday I believe I was up skyping Rachel for a while, so I got to bed late. Tuesday we met with our language exchange partner, Soo, and did that for 2hrs. Then we went to a Mexican restaurant and got a sampler platter. Soo is also one of those wide-eyed innocent girls (with freckles). She would take big mouthfuls of food. She'd never had Mexican before. Wednesday night we joined the pool league. We got there late, just like we met Soo late... I had gone to the HiMart near Jessica's house to look for the wires and speakers. I found both (yay) and I got some cd's to finish backing up my computer. Yes, I wish I would've bought a portable hard drive instead. It took me 40 cd's, and a few days off and on, but at least it was cheap. Now I've just got to figure out how to make the cables work. I hooked the computer up to the tv but I switched the channels around to no avail. I was depressed all yesterday, though, so I didn't really mess with it too much.

Okay. Getting off track here. So, when we got to the King Bar in Itaewon, Dewey told us that we would have to be split up if we still wanted to play because the King Bar had too many people it had to split into two teams and both teams were short one player. So J and I discussed if we still wanted to do it since we wouldn't be playing together and if yes then who would play on which team. On that day the team Dewey was on was playing 'home' at the bar and the other was playing at a bar down the road, Reggae. I didn't care which team really except I didn't want to do anymore walking. I almost felt like if J didn't want to join the other team then we would just go home. I was really tired. Anyway, Dewey finally said 'Erin, could you be the home team this time and Jessica can take the away.' And he said because a woman on the away team was leaving right then and Jessica could follow/go with her. So Jessica left and I said 'kajima' (don't go) as a joke, but I think it put the idea in Dewey's head that we were together.

I was really tired and I wanted to do well but I knew I wasn't going to. And then I had some Baccas and it made me jittery but still tired. My first game I scratched on the 8ball, then I played doubles with Dewey and he won for us, then I took a shot of whiskey and it took away the shitty baccas feeling, then I played my last one and did better but I still couldn't win. Then one of the boys on the team bought a round of jager bombs and then Dewey and I went to Reggae and waited for J to finish. We had already won by the time we left King Bar, but I think everybody finished playing anyway. Dewey asked me on the way if Jessica and I were together and then asked point blank if Jessica was gay and I said that she's the one he should ask, but that she was gay. J said (later) she didn't care that I told him but don't tell anyone else. Of course I agreed, but I feel like no matter what my response is, unless I lie, the answer will be revealed anyway. I don't know why I can't just lie. I just don't like it. I guess it's because I'm simple and lies are just too complicated. I told him I was taken, just in case he was fishing. After Jessica finished we took a taxi to Yongsan stn. but then couldn't figure out Dewey's directions, so we just went our own way and got on a train.

Thursday night I was so tired I didn't even get out of bed when I heard my skype ring. And then Friday night we stayed at home. Oh, I had some kind of rash that week. I think it's from the heat. I wanted to practice pool at least one day, so Saturday I went to the post office then skyped then farted around then went to J's. We went to Star and played there for a while. Youngtae taught us a pool game that uses playing cards. I hadn't been there in a while and he said he missed me. Of course, I think anyone that's nice to me must have an angle. If Youngtae is nice to us, we are customers, after all. More of that later, though. Saturday night J and I finished off our Sojus (we shared with youngtae and everyone) and looked at the time and it was only 1030. To get more Soju, though, we would def lose our table, so we decided just to get the drinks and then take our chances in the wide, wide world. Of course where did we end up? Seinfelds.

It was relatively dead, or it wasn't busy, at least, and there were only two people playing pool. Long story short, that Pakistani guy was there and he was being obnoxious. Not to us really, but he's just annoying in general so he was getting on my nerves anyway. Can't handle alcohol kind of thing. Blah blah blah Jessica had her name on the board twice because originally there wasn't anybody really playing and he shows up and starts being a baby about it and walks by and puts one of the balls on the table in the pocket and is erasing names off the board. I think the guy I was playing against was worried about getting into a fight. I told him don't worry because I would handle it because if I didn't fight the guy I wouldn't look weak or whatever. Something like that. Plus, I told him that it would be better the drunker the guy gets cause then he'll get kicked out. Little did I know they don't do that in Korea. And when the paki guy dropped the ball in I was asking him what's the problem and he was acting like he didn't know what I was talking about (like he was innocent) and I told him not to touch the table. Then I lost and J played and the manager came over to talk to the guy and the paki and his friends were surrounding the manager and he was like 'get out of my face; don't touch me.' I got the Australian guy that I had played against when we first got there and told him, you have to help him. He was like, Yeah, okay, like he had been considering it and just about to get up. He tried to help the manager by pulling the guy away but it wasn't working and so he ended up just standing there and not really knowing what to do.
Anyway, I signal Jessica for us to leave and as we're walking out we're telling them that we're leaving so the problem will be solved. The Paki guy followed us out and I stopped him just before the stairs and told him if he didn't leaves us alone I would call the police. It was raining and we drank our soju in the doorway downstairs for a minute and then the paki guys and his friends came out and were still being little bitches and we left. Went to a norae bang and then home when the sun was coming up.

The end

3 comments:

  1. What's up with drunk men trying to intrude on your personal bubbles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wide wide world part! This story is crazy btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Nick: I hate drunk people... unless it's me, of course.

    To Rachel: I love the you part.

    ReplyDelete