Monday, November 23, 2009

Tuesday 24 November 2009

Moira and I just made plans to take a bath together at the gym. I peak my head in the showers all the time just to see what's going on (which I'm sure is creepy of me), but I don't want to go in there by myself.

Let's see. Last Tuesday I went coat shopping with Hankyo. We went to the Gasan Digital Complex near Guro Station and it was effin freezing. I hate shopping for a coat. I'm no good at it; I don't know what I'm doing; it's not funny and it's expensive. It's not like shopping for a jacket where I can get something cute and it's under 40bucks. I wanted a long coat, but I ended up getting a warm short one. I figure I'll have to get something online. It really sucks. We looked for so long all over the place and I just don't know. I just want someone to tell me what to buy and for it to be really warm and perfect. Hankyo's seems to be a good shopper, though. She was really nice about the whole thing. Then afterwards we had galbi and I stuffed myself. I need to start bringing my camera around again. It would've been nice to have some pictures. I tried to make it up to the counter before she paid, but by the time I got my boots on she was already finished. I thought it was only right that I get it since she walked all around looking for a stupid coat for me.

Friday night I stayed in, but I don't remember exactly what I did. Must've been really exciting. Saturday morning I woke up at 830a and met Hankyo and some of the Wonmi students at the dance class in Toona near my gym (Toona's across the street from my apartment). I didn't bring my big coat because I thought I would just be running over there, but at some point we went back out to get some Paris Baguette and I froze my ass off. The kids dancing were pretty funny. Hankyo said she was thinking about dancing, but she was waiting for me. Excuses. When the kids noticed me that were calling me over to dance and chanting my name, but I tried to get Hankyo up and she wouldn't budge. I wanted to dance, but only from the beginning (I got there when they'd already started). But next time I go I'm for sure going to dance with them. They were done around 1030a and so I went to the gym. I had a pretty good work out, whatever that means. Oh, but I took a shower before going over to Toona and put on make-up since I had plans with Jiyoung (an administrator at my school) and didnt' know how long all of my morning stuff would take or when exactly I'd be meeting her. Anyway, so I'm at the gym with all my makeup. I will never talk shit again.

I met Jiyoung around 3p at Songnae Station and we took the subway to... I forget the name. Somewhere near her church. Oh, Jeong-dong. I'm a freak. There are so many Christians here and I'm always waiting for them to try and convert me. I especially get paranoid because they're so nice and I'm thinking that must be buttering me up for something. Either that or they want to practice their English. Which means that I over compensate and then I feel like I need to make sure to keep the conversation going for them as if it were my idea for us to hang out. Or maybe all that's just the excuse I use so that I can talk a lot. So anyway, Jiyoung is thirty-three but she looks younger than me (and more mature, which I think is fucked up). Her English is really good, better than I thought. Some high lights of our conversation: she asked if Nick was my soul mate and I told her I didn't believe in soul mates and she quoted Sex in the City (I think) and said that Carey said girlfriends are a girl's soulmates. She said Beyonce was her favorite singer and that if she were a man Beyonce would be her ideal woman. She told me that she basically didn't like Adam, that he never tried to learn anything Korean and that I do. And she said how my name was sweet (Darling) and his name was... well, his last name is Savage. I drilled her about Korean history once she said history was her thing. Now I want to know more. She said finding the plaques near buildings that tell the history is like finding a treasure. We got a vanilla latte and I bought a single serving cup of philly cream cheese and ate it by itself.

After we walked around there we got back on the subway and went to Seoul/Namsan Tower. I was trying to ask her before what the plan was, but I wasn't asking right and I wasn't really getting an answer. So, as we're going up the shit ton of stairs it takes to get to the tower, she was saying that's why she had emailed me at work and asked if I was healthy. I thought she just meant from the cold that I had the week before. The view was great, though. I brought the Nikon, but I have no idea how to use that thing properly and really need to learn. She got some photos, so hopefully she'll send them to me sometime. We got to the top and got some water, but we didn't go up the tower. Hedwig was playing at the theatre there, which I thought was really weird. And there's one area that has hundreds of locks that people put on the fence for "forever love." I asked her what they did with the locks when the fence filled up and she said she guesses they throw them away. Funny.

I stayed in that night again and made plans to take a bath with Moira sometime this week. I drank Soju and watched the L Word Saturday night. I had plans to write, but I was online instead. Sunday I woke up a bit tired from not getting to bed until 5am, but I still managed to go to the writing group in Itaewon. It was just me and two other guys and I don't think I'm going back. I'm still looking for that group of writers that I can become famous with. And I don't really feel like it helped with my story. I need like an overall, professional assessment on the thing. I did get some good advice about moving the prologue, which wasn't really written to be a prologue in the first place. Plus, the place we went to, Tony's Aussie something or other, was expensive and I caught the Korean waitress talking and laughing about us with her friends. One of the guys had just started writing 3 years ago and was saying that he was writing group burnt out and probably wasn't coming back for a while. The other guy was pretty knowledgable I guess, but we still didn't really focus that much on each other's stories. Maybe we just weren't that interested.

Afterwards, I was going to get waxed while I was in Itaewon, which would've been great, but I would've had to wait around for three or four hours. But I did go to the tanning place in my building. It took awhile because the girl had me talk to her English speaking friend on the phone to explain everything to me. I ended up going in for half the time and half the money because I was afraid of getting burned. (I tried to go back Tuesday at 830ish, after asking the chick what time she closed and her telling me 9p. They were closed.) Monday I did after school classes and tutored. They dropped me off at my place and I was tempted to not go to the gym, but I told Hankyo I would pick up the receipt from the dance class for her. So I just went to the gym for a few minutes. My legs were still killing me from Saturday. I really wanted to tan afterwards, but it was closed. So I did laundry and took a shower, jacked off and went to bed. Today my plan is to get a haircut in Bucheon station and then back out to Itaewon to get waxed and hopefully the tanning place will still be open when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment