Saturday, November 14, 2009

Monday 2 November 2009

At Dunkin Donuts about to go tutor two elementary kids, sister and brother. I don't know if I mentioned my after school class. I hate it. Today wans't so bad, though. I tried something different and instead of even trying to get them to pay attention to me as a class, I passed out their work and gave them a word search, too. Then I just treated each table as a different group while I worked with one group, the other groups could do the crossword while they waited for me to come work with their group. We'll see if that works again Thursday.

Last Thursday I tried to get them to do a quick and easy activity outside. It ended with me giving up. My co-teacher even came out to see what was going on. She tried to help. It was useless. I fled, abandoning her. Actually, when I saw it was futile, I told them all to go home like they were whining about anyway, and then I just walked away. I apologized the next day for being so frustrated I left her. She and I are working really well together in our classes (this was not one of those).

And, Okyeong, who was filling in for Taeyoung, is gone now. I told her we could have dinner sometime. She just couln't handle public school. She's only worked at Hagwons. Her replacement is cool. (Hankyo) My age - a month younger even.

No comments:

Post a Comment