Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Friday 8 January 2010

Here's a little bit.

So, after sending my money to Nick to pay for their flights, when they got here I was broke. I was stressing over that for a long time. I had so much planned for us that we wouldn't be able to do. Then I started to feel better because I decided I would just use my credit card. Then I got an email that my credit card was expired, reminding me that N&R never sent me my new card. So I was depressed all over again. So I took the subway to ICN and met them when they got off. I was not the best host. I mean, you want people to visit and then you want to show them such a great time, but nothing was spectacular and I feel bad about that. I had work. But because of finals they let me have, like, Tues-Fri off. The first Korean food they had was pizza. We went to Emart and the dollar store and Bucheon Yuk. Went to Toona. Went near Jessica's at Yeokgok and Rachel bought a jacket. That's actually kind of funny because they called me while I was at school. They had just been waking around all day. So I asked if they saw a Baskin Robbins and they did so we were to meet there at 5. I didn't know there was a B&R on both sides of the subway. So I went to the one on Jess' side and they weren't there. I was a little annoyed because I was thinking they were late or didn't wait around or something. But I also thought there might be one on the other side and of course I walked over and there was, almost inthe same place. So then Rachel bought a red hoody bubble jacket and then we went to Star and had Soju with Youngtae.

My school's awesome to give me the time off. I don't know of any other school that's done that kind of thing. One of the days we went to Seoul Tower. It was cold and drizzly. I got upset again because we barely had enough money to ride on the subway esp. because I had planned for us to walk around a few places where we wouldn't have to spend money and we couldn't even do that. But I knew that we'd be okay, I just kind of let it pass on the ride there. Funny because I wasn't even sure how to get to the tower. I kind of knew the station, so we got off there and just started walking. Came to a dead end at a tunnel, then one of them saw an elevator to go up the hill and we decided to go for it even though we weren't sure if we were allowed. The lower cable car was up there and we had bulgogi at the restaurant there (on Nick's cc). Well, Rachel had bibimbop. That was their first real Korean meal. It was expensive. Outside it was drizzly and foggy. Nick spotted the tower and I couldn't even see it at first until the clouds passed. Then we just started walking in that direction. Crossed over a road. Then started going up.

No comments:

Post a Comment